Typical Day in Elementary at First Christian Academy (Kindergarten – 7th grade)
8:15 a.m.: School Begins
- Bible Study/Prayer for One Another
- Group Time with Pledge, Weather, Calendar,Class News
- Language Arts
- History & Geography
- Health, Safety, Manners
- Fine Arts: Computer, Music, Art, PE, Library
- Weekly Chapel Day
- *See link below for exact core content taught
2:50 p.m.: School Ends
- A 96 – 93
- A- 92 – 90
- B+ 89 – 87
- B 86 – 83
- B- 82 -80
- C+ 79 – 77
- C 76 – 73
- C- 72 – 70
- F 69 – 0
- First Christian Academy’s uniform for boys consists of khaki or navy pants or shorts. Boys may wear a red, white, navy, or light blue polo shirts. The 2012-2013 is a transitional year and the polo shirt embroidered with First Christian Academy is optional but recommended. (As of August 2013, all polo shirts will be required to be embroidered.)
- Boys must wear white, black, or navy blue socks.
- Boys may wear tennis shoes, brown or black shoes. Boots are not permitted.
- A belt is required with all pants or shorts that have belt loops.
- Layering of shirts and turtlenecks is not permitted.
Boys’ Chapel Uniforms:
- Every Tuesday boys will wear khaki pants (no shorts) without cuffs, a white oxford button up shirts with the First Christian Academy logo and the school plaid ties. The white oxford shirt must be purchased at a school uniform supplier and must be embroidered. All boys are required to purchase a NEW school tie for the 2012-2013 school year. The tie is now plaid.
- First Christian Academy’s uniform for girls consists of khaki or navy skirts, shorts, skorts, capris, or pants. Shorts under jumpers and skirts are required. Girls may wear a red, white, navy, or light blue polo shirts. The 2012-2013 is a transitional year and the polo shirt embroidered with First Christian Academy is optional but recommended. (As of August 2013 all polo shirts will be required to be embroidered.)
- All socks and tights must be white or navy blue.
- Girls may wear tennis shoes, brown, blue or black shoes. Boots are not permitted.
- Belts are required for all garments that have belt loops.
- Solid navy dresses, solid khaki or navy jumpers and leggings are not permitted.
- Layering of shirts and turtlenecks is not permitted.
Girls’ Chapel Uniforms:
- Every Tuesday girls will wear school plaid jumpers with white “Peter Pan” collared blouses, or the school plaid skirts or skorts with white oxford shirts. All chapel uniforms must be purchased from the uniform suppliers. The plaid jumpers and all chapel shirts must be embroidered with the First Christian Academy logo. Only white tights or socks are to be worn with the school plaid.
- *Girls skorts offered only at Bahama Joe’s.
Supplier: Please be sure to purchase specific items such as the plaid skirts, skorts, jumpers, ties and all chapel shirts from the approved suppliers.
Additional Uniform Guidelines:
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- No emblem other than the school emblem may be worn on any garment.
- Sweaters and sweatshirts worn in the classroom must be solid red, white or navy. However, school sweatshirts are available at Bahama Joe’s School Uniforms and may be worn during class.
- Tattoos or body piercings are not permitted.
- Large, dangling earrings, excessive or unusual jewelry are not permitted. Boys are not allowed earrings.
- Skirts, dresses, and shorts should be no more than three inches above the top of the knee when sitting or standing.
- Proper age undergarments must be worn at all times.
- Nail polish must be traditional in color – no black or unusual colors or designs are acceptable. Boys may not wear nail polish.
- All students must arrive and depart from school in accordance to the dress code.
- All students must dress modestly.
Non-Uniform Dress Guidelines:
Throughout the school year there are a number of “Non-Uniform Days”. This is a special privilege and students are expected to come to school dressed in a neat, modest, and appropriate manner conducive to learning.
- Clothes must be neat and clean with no holes or tears.
- Students may wear slacks, jeans, cargo pants, wind pants, sweatpants, or capris. Examples of some restrictions include pants with words or quotes, low riders which display undergarments, or cutoffs.
- Shirts with sleeves, blouses, sweaters, sweatshirts, turtlenecks, knit shirts, or t-shirts are appropriate. Examples of some restrictions include bare midriffs, see-through garments, undergarment shirts, strapless, spaghetti straps, halter tops, bare back, one shoulder or off-the-shoulder and low cut blouses. Tops should be long enough so that bare stomachs are not showing at any time.
- Skirts, dresses, skorts, and shorts should be no more than three inches above the top of the knee when sitting or standing.
- Obscene or profane language, tobacco and alcohol advertisements, and provocative pictures on clothing is prohibited.
- Students may wear the First Christian Academy uniform on non-uniform days, if preferred.
As parents of children in a Christian school, please use your best judgment in regards to any examples not listed. As with the regular uniform policy, students and parents are asked to comply with this policy, so it doesn’t interfere with the education of our students.
- At the administration’s discretion, any student who attends school and does not follow the proper uniform policy will not be allowed to attend class. Parents will be called to bring the proper uniform for their child.